Eliot Management Group Profile & Reviews
Read our profile and user reviews for Eliot Management Group below to learn whether or not this is a credit card processor worth your time.
Review Data About Eliot Management Group
- Early termination fee: Yes
- Pricing model: Not disclosed
- Online reputation: Negative
- Vetted by Merchant Maverick's experts: No
- Average user review: 1.33 out of 5 stars (based on 30 reviews)
We haven't done a full editorial review of Eliot Management Group yet, but we've spent hundreds of hours reviewing merchant account providers like this one. Learn more about our top picks below and why we think they are likely a better option for you than Eliot Management Group.
Do you have experience with Eliot Management Group? Leave your review below.
How Does Eliot Management Group Compare?
Take a look at how Velocity Merchant Services stacks up against some of the best credit card processors we've reviewed.
*All of our preferred processors use fully transparentpricing rather than tiered pricing.
What We Look For In A Merchant Account Provider
- No early termination fees: Credit card processors use expensive early termination fees to lock you into your account for several years. We think that your merchant account provider should have to earn your business every month, so we only recommend providers that offer month-to-month contracts. A small account closure fee can sometimes be acceptable, however.
- Interchange-plus pricing: One of the best-kept secrets in credit card processing is interchange-plus (cost-plus) pricing. All processors have to pay some baseline "wholesale" costs to the credit card networks, and these rates are generally the same for all processors. The variable is the "markup" added onto these wholesale rates. Interchange-plus separates the wholesale from the markup. Membership (or subscription) pricing is a variant of interchange-plus where the entire markup is charged as a single flat monthly fee. Flat-rate pricing (like Square offers) where the markup is not separated is sometimes a good deal for low-volume business. Tiered pricing (where different flat rates are charged for different transaction "tiers") is the least transparent option and we never recommend it. Learn more about interchange-plus, membership, flat-rate, and tiered pricing, or see our complete rate and fees infographic.
- A long-standing good reputation: New merchant account providers are popping up all the time and they all provide very similar service offers. How do you know which ones you can trust? For us, seeing a long-term reputation of satisfied customers is critical. We also spend a lot of time verifying that the reputation is real and not created by fake reviews.
- Clear and accurate advertising practices: Even good service can be a problem if a merchant services provider is using unrealistic promises or gimmicks to gain your business. That's why it's important to us that our preferred credit card processors are 100% honest and transparent with both their marketing and their sales practices.
- High-quality support: Processing credit cards sometimes comes with unavoidable problems. Maybe some software or hardware is misbehaving, making there was a problem with your customer's payment method. We want to make sure that your payment processor is able to help you resolve these issues quickly and effectively.
Find the Best Credit Card Processor For You
Use our filtering tool to find the best credit card processor for your specific business.
Are You Processing $5,000 Or Less Per Month?
For low-volume businesses, a service like Square is likely to be the cheapest and simplest option. But if you'd prefer to have a higher level of stability, better support, and room to grow, then signing up for a traditional merchant account could still make sense.