Looking for a fresh pick?
Try FreshBooks For Free
- Date Established
- Portland, OR
- Easy to use
- Good customer support
- Can be expensive
- Limited features
- Limited integrations
Accounting and bookkeeping are some of the most important tasks for a business, but why is it that so many small business owners let these tasks fall by the wayside? A lack of time and no prior experience with accounting are just a few of the reasons that many small business owners choose to outsource these essential functions.
Bringing in an in-house accountant or bookkeeper can get expensive, especially for businesses that aren’t yet established and financially stable. Fortunately, there is a solution that doesn’t require you to learn complicated accounting software or break the bank hiring in-house help. This solution? InDinero.
Since 2009, inDinero has helped small businesses around the nation with their accounting needs. Instead of vetting, hiring, and bringing someone in-house, inDinero pairs its clients with staff accountants, tax professionals, and other financial experts to handle the books for you.
You won’t be completely in the dark, either. All clients receive access to inDinero’s dashboard and mobile app so that you can check in on your finances (yes, in real-time), set up bill pay, or run financial reports. InDinero customizes its solutions for you so that you can add on additional features, such as tax support and fractional CFO services.
The downside, though, is that if you’re looking for advanced accounting and bookkeeping features, look elsewhere. InDinero lacks many of the features you’ll find with other accounting software, such as estimates, time tracking, and project management. However, if you want a team of experts to handle the books while providing you access to an easy-to-use platform, InDinero may be the right choice for you.
Table of Contents
InDinero has two pricing packages. The first — the Essential package — is designed for businesses that need simple cash basis accounting. The other — the Custom package — is designed for growing companies that use accrual accounting and want access to advanced features. There are monthly, quarterly, and annual payment options available for all plans.
The Essential package starts at $300 per month and includes:
- Cash basis accounting
- Dedicated account manager
- Automatic transaction imports
- Monthly reconciliations
- Document management
- Employee reimbursement
- Financial statements
- AR/AP tracking and reporting
- Mobile app
You can learn more about inDinero’s Essential package by requesting a demo.
The Custom plan comes with custom pricing based on the features you need, but you can request a free estimate from inDinero, so you know what to expect. Your package includes everything from the Essential package, in addition to these features:
- Accrual basis accounting
- Dedicated controller
- Advanced revenue recognition
- Cash flow projections
- Custom reports
- Inventory reconciliation
- Payroll support
- Support for multiple entities
As your business scales, there may be additional features you want to add to your account. Of course, these extra features come at an additional cost. The pricing for these features isn’t listed online, but you can request pricing information when you receive a free estimate.
Some of the features that you can add to your service include:
- Fractional CFO: Need the services of a CFO? InDinero can help. Some of the CFO-level services available include financial projections and models, budgeting, cash management, business analytics, and exit planning.
- Basic Tax Filing: inDinero offers preparation and filing of state and federal tax returns.
- Back Taxes: If your business is behind on taxes, inDinero can help you get caught up for an extra fee.
- Catch-Up Bookkeeping: If your books have been neglected in previous months, inDinero can help you catch up.
Cloud-Based Or Locally-Installed
InDinero’s accounting and tax software are cloud-based.
Hardware & Software Requirements
InDinero’s software is cloud-based, so you can access it from any browser provided you’re connected to the internet.
InDinero also has mobile apps for Apple products (iOS 11.0+) and Android products (7.0+).
Specific Size Of Business
InDinero is designed for businesses of all sizes. Its basic accounting services are suitable for startups and small businesses, while custom plans can scale with your business as it grows.
InDinero offers both accrual and cash basis accounting services.
Ease Of Use
InDinero is easy to use, even if you have no prior accounting experience. The interface is clean, well-designed, and easy to navigate. All features are organized under tabs, making it easy to find exactly what you’re looking for.
InDinero offers the following accounting features:
- Dashboard: The dashboard is pretty simple and uncluttered, yet it displays vital financial details for your business. On the main screen, you’ll find graphs that show data, such as your revenue and spending for the current month, a comparison of your revenue and spending over the last several months, and your cash balance and changes over time. On the left side of the screen, you’ll find tabs that lead you to accounts, billing, invoices, and other financial features and information. A search bar makes it easy to find specific transactions, and you can also access the support center within the software.
- Invoicing: You can create, approve, and send invoices directly through the inDinero platform. Customization options are limited. InDinero offers a single template with basic customizations, such as removing or adding fields and adding your company logo. You can also create recurring invoices that are sent automatically or that are saved as drafts for your review before sending them.
- Bank Reconciliation: One of the best things about inDinero is that your personal account manager and financial team handle balancing the books. Your transactions will be automatically imported, and an inDinero staff accountant and a team of financial experts will go through your transactions and reconcile your accounts each month.
- Accounts Payable: All inDinero accounts come with accounts payable and accounts receivable tracking and reporting. You can add your bills to the platform and pay for them either via check or ACH. If you choose to pay with a check, inDinero will print a check and pay the bill on your behalf.
- Inventory: Inventory reconciliation can be added to your custom plan.
- Payroll: Payroll support can be added to a custom plan and is available for an additional cost.
- Reports: With all plans, you can access profit and loss statements and balance sheets easily from the inDinero dashboard. Custom reporting features can be added to custom plans.
- Cash Flow Management: Cash flow projections are available only for custom plans.
- Other Features: InDinero plans are customized to best fit the needs of your business. Your custom plan may include additional features, such as equity management, advanced revenue recognition, budgeting, and cash management.
- Tax Support: InDinero offers tax compliance assistance for its users. The option to file basic state and federal taxes for current or previous years is also available for an additional fee.
Customer Service & Support
InDinero offers numerous ways to get in touch if you have questions about the software, need to submit documentation, or you want to change your plan. Users have reported positive experiences with reps that are friendly and helpful. Customer service and support options include:
- Phone: InDinero can be contacted by phone, although users may find it quicker and easier to communicate through other options, such as live chat. General inquiries can be responded to over the phone. You can also schedule a phone call through inDinero’s website if you have questions, want to see a software demo, or are ready to sign up.
- Email: A dedicated email address is available for current clients that need support.
- Contact Form: InDinero has a contact form on its website that can be used for general inquiries, such as questions about signing up for the service. Existing customers will find it more helpful to use their in-software communication tools for more personalized help.
- Live Chat: Users can access live chat directly through the inDinero dashboard. Live chat is available Monday through Friday 9 AM-6 PM Pacific.
- In-Software Help: There are multiple support options available on the inDinero dashboard. These include live chat, FAQs in the Support Center, and communications with team members through the Activity Dashboard.
- Videos: InDinero has a handful of videos on its YouTube channel. While there are some helpful videos (including tutorials and a software demo), the company hasn’t added new content in three years.
- Business Resources: InDinero’s website features a link to a number of accounting and business resources, such as case studies, checklists, guides, and infographics.
- Blog: InDinero has a blog that is updated weekly. This blog has useful articles on a variety of topics, from investing and budgeting to obtaining a business loan.
- Social Media: You can keep up with inDinero’s latest news and updates by following the company on its Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram pages.
Negative Reviews & Complaints
There are a handful of reviews online for inDinero. While the vast majority are positive, there have been a few common complaints among some of its users, including:
- Expensive Pricing: Some customers have complained about the pricing of inDinero’s accounting services. While it may be pricier than other accounting software, you do have to take into consideration that inDinero also takes care of your accounting for you, saving you time (and in some cases, even money).
- Increase In Price: Some users were unhappy with increasing price rates as more services were added or as their companies grew larger. One user complained that pricing increased without any additional services or support.
- Delays In Filing Taxes: Some users report that preparing and filing taxes took longer than expected after purchasing inDinero’s paid tax services.
- No Support For Other Currencies: One user didn’t like that inDinero does not support other currencies.
Positive Reviews & Testimonials
InDinero has received multiple positive reviews from past and current customers. It has a 4.1/5 rating on Facebook (based on 16 reviews) and a 3.4/5 rating on G2 (based on 20 reviews). Here’s what users liked the most about inDinero:
- Ease Of Use: Multiple users report that the inDinero dashboard is easy to understand and use.
- Easy Invoicing & Bill Payment: Users like how fast and easy inDinero makes it to invoice customers and pay bills.
- Saves Time: Several users report that inDinero has saved their company time and freed up resources since taking over their books.
- Solid Reporting: Some reviews praise inDinero’s reports, which were especially helpful at tax time. Others have expressed dissatisfaction, though, with the fact that reports have to be downloaded and can’t simply be viewed on the dashboard.
Here’s what some users are saying about inDinero:
Quickbooks was giving us major troubles, as far as user adoption. This is far more intuitive. The benefits of inDinero come from most of our company being able to use it easily and seamlessly. We have far fewer complaints on the payroll end of things now.
InDinero is always there when you have questions and concerns. They’re patient and willing to take the time to explain anything for clarification.
They are competitive in price and let us focus on building our business rather than accounting/financials.
Integrations & Add-Ons
One of the areas where inDinero falls short is its integrations. InDinero offers a total of six integrations: PayPal, Stripe, QuickBooks, Oracle NetSuite, Gusto, and Brex. If you want accounting software that’s compatible with other apps and business software, you’ll have to look elsewhere.
InDinero has taken several steps to ensure your confidential data is secure. These measures include using two-factor authentication, the highest level of SSL encryption, session idling, and safety permissions. All inDinero staff members are trained in security and also advise clients of best practices when it comes to security.
InDinero is best suited for business owners that want to spend less time on the books and more time on other important tasks. If your business needs a dedicated accountant or bookkeeper, inDinero can save you time (no vetting and hiring!) and money over hiring an in-house professional.
If you’re looking for advanced accounting software, you’re out of luck. InDinero offers a minimal number of features and reports, so you’ll need to find another solution if you’re looking for time tracking, project management, or other features.
InDinero can get a little pricey, depending on your customized plan. Some users have complained about the costs as their business grew and had more complex accounting and tax needs, but again, inDinero’s rates are typically cheaper than hiring an employee.
InDinero doesn’t offer a free trial, so you can’t check it out for yourself, but there is an on-demand demo that you can access for free by filling out a short form. This demo shows the software, its main features, and how your inDinero team will tackle your accounting and bookkeeping tasks. You can also schedule a call to learn more about the services offered to help you determine if inDinero is right for your business.
We've done in-depth testing of each and confidently recommend them.
We've done in-depth testing of each and confidently recommend them.