- Excellent customer service
- Numerous integrations
- Good dropshipping features
- Limited features on basic plans
- Some outdated documentation
Ordoro is a shipping and inventory application for small to medium-sized businesses. This product is available to subscribers for a monthly fee under the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model.
CEO Jagath Narayan, along with three of his friends, created the software while attending grad school at UT Austin. Their mission was to address the clutter, busywork, and general inefficiency that make back-end tasks such a nightmare for companies. Ordoro has headquarters in Austin, TX, and the company is continually growing.
Ordoro integrates with USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, and the Canada Post to quickly generate shipping labels and get your orders out the door. And if you need access to more advanced features for dropshipping and inventory management, you can get them through Ordoro at an additional expense.
Enough background, though. If you’re reading this, you probably want to know if the software is any good, so let’s get to it.
Table of Contents
Ordoro has divided its plans into two main categories: Express and Pro. The Express plans only give you access to Ordoro’s shipping features. The Pro plans let you use features for shipping, inventory management, dropshipping, kitting, and purchasing. Ordoro also offers a plan for very small companies and a plan for enterprise-level companies. Payments are made monthly, but you can receive a discount for paying annually. Ordoro offers a free 15-day trial. You do have to enter your credit card information to use this trial (which is a bit unheard of in the software world), but you aren’t billed until the end of the trial period.
Unlike with other shipping software, Ordoro does not break up its plans by the number of orders you ship (except for the Starter plan). The Express, Pro, and Enterprise plans include unlimited orders. That means you will be able to choose which plan you need based on the features included. And you won’t be bumped up into a more expensive pricing tier when you have a particularly successful month.
Here’s a breakdown of which features each pricing option includes:
- 50 orders per month
- Access to all shipping features
- No discounted USPS rates
- Unlimited orders
- Unlimited sales channels
- Unlimited users
- Phone and email support
- Automation rules
- Shipping presets
- Barcode scanning
- No seller-fulfilled prime (SFP) fees
- Discounted shipping rates available
- Starts at $399/month
- All features of the Express plan
- Inventory management
- Supplier management
- Call for custom pricing
- All features of the Pro plan
- Dedicated account manager
- Custom workflows and integrations
- Vendor portals
Most shipping software applications offer discounts on shipping expenses and shipping insurance. Ordoro provides discounts of up to 67% with USPS. Also, you can save 40% to 60% on shipping insurance costs with Ordoro’s partner, Shipsurance.
Cloud-Based Or Locally Installed
Cloud-based. There’s no need to download or install anything.
Hardware & Software Requirements
The only requirements are a web browser and an internet connection.
Shipping Volume Of Business
Ordoro offers plans for businesses with any shipment volume, from one a month to unlimited shipments. Ordoro offers a free version of its software for users who ship under 50 orders per month. All users on a paid plan (beginning at $59/month) get access to unlimited shipments. Unlimited shipments are typically only offered on enterprise-level plans, and I am impressed that Ordoro offers it as one of its basic features.
Ease Of Use
Ordoro’s interface is clean and simple. While this doesn’t differentiate it from its competitors a whole lot, I will say that, of the shipping solutions I’ve reviewed, this one skews the most towards minimalism.
A navigation bar at the top of the page displays the five main tools:
- Dashboard: Displays an overview of your account along with product updates from Ordoro.
- Orders: Store all of your orders with filters for sales channels, tags, and date range.
- Products: View your products with their weights and package dimensions. Upgrade to Pro to use inventory management features on this page.
- POs: Create and send purchase orders.
- Analytics: Assess your store’s stats. Filter those stats by sales channel and date; view top sellers, top customers, inventory stats, and more.
The workflow is pretty straightforward. During account creation, there’s a wizard that helps you link your account to whatever ecommerce platform(s) and marketplaces you’re using. Once you’ve successfully integrated these sales channels, the software automatically syncs any new orders you receive and pushes them into Ordoro for fulfillment.
I was pleased by how quickly Ordoro pulled orders from my connected Shopify account.
On the orders page, the user can select any pending sales orders (either individually or in bulk) and begin processing. When you choose an order, a label generator for shipping and return labels appears on the side of your screen. You just need to select your carrier, package type, and shipping methods to create a shipping label. I like that I can view pricing for multiple shipping methods on the same page. Many shipping software applications do not offer this feature.
Head over to Ordoro’s settings page to set up your automations and shipping presets, integrate with third-party logistics providers, and more.
While Ordoro has a minimalistic dashboard, it isn’t immediately apparent how to use all of Ordoro’s features. Fortunately, Ordoro has plenty of support resources available to help you figure out the software, and after an initial learning curve, daily operations should feel natural.
The software offers a host of tools in the following categories:
- Dashboard: Your dashboard displays the latest product updates. From here, you can access Orders, Products, POs, and Analytics.
- Shipping: Set automation rules and shipping presets that apply to orders as soon as they import to Ordoro. Ordoro lets you choose shipping methods from multiple carriers, including the USPS, DHL, UPS, FedEx, and Canada Post. You can compare rates between various shipping methods all on the same page, which is a big advantage. Here’s a screenshot of the rate comparison feature from my trial (since I was trying out the Pro plan, I also have a dropshipping option on this page):
- Multi-Channel Sync: Download orders from multiple online stores and manage them on one admin. Ordoro syncs your orders automatically every hour. Or you can click the “Sync” button manually to make sure your order list is as up-to-date as possible.
- Shipment Tracking: Have your tracking numbers sent automatically to customers upon shipment.
- Order Management: Allows you to batch print hundreds of shipping labels and packing lists.
- Inventory: With the Pro and Enterprise plans, sync inventory across all sales channels, set stock thresholds, generate and send POs, and bundle your products with built-in kitting features.
- Dropshipping: Dropshipping features are available on Pro and Enterprise. Create dropshipping SKUs and set up vendor portals to let your suppliers access and fulfill orders. The dropshipping option on the Pro plan is pretty cool, and it gets a lot of love from Ordoro enthusiasts. Once it’s set up, all you need to do is approve an order, and Ordoro handles the rest.
- Reports: You can view total revenue and total costs. Track the cost of taxes and discounts, view revenue data for each of your sales channels, and more.
- International Shipping: Send your products globally with international carriers.
Integrations & Add-Ons
Ordoro integrates with 43 popular software solutions. These integrations allow you to easily transfer information from your online store to Ordoro, from Ordoro to your accounting software, and more. Ordoro integrates with the biggest names in ecommerce, including Shopify, BigCommerce, and Amazon as well as with a variety of shipping carriers, fulfillment services, accounting software, and point of sale (POS) software. Check Ordoro’s complete integration list to ensure that your favorite software applications are connected.
There is also an API available, which you can use to develop custom connections to software not included in Ordoro’s integrations list.
Customer Service & Technical Support
Ordoro lets you access support resources through a range of channels. While some shipping software applications offer varying levels of support based on your pricing plan, Ordoro makes all support channels available to all users, no matter how much you pay. While I’m glad Ordoro gives their users support options, I am a bit disappointed with Ordoro’s Support Center. A few articles and screenshots are a couple of years out of date. On the other hand, Ordoro users absolutely love the company’s technical support. Users say they can reach a helpful representative quickly, and their issues get resolved in little time.
Here are a few ways you can contact Ordoro as well as a list of its self-help resources:
- Phone: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 6 PM Central Time. Ordoro says that you should leave a voicemail if you don’t get ahold of someone the first time you call, and they’ll follow up within the same day.
- Email: Available during business hours. Ordoro says they also offer “limited” email support over the weekend.
- Help Center: Find lots of articles and videos that explain how to best use Ordoro. Use an internal search bar to find answers to your specific questions. There is also API documentation available, which helps developers build connections between Ordoro and other software.
- Community Forum: Ordoro has a forum designed specifically for developers.
- Guides: These guides include general information and advice on shipping.
- Videos: Ordoro has a YouTube channel full of five to 10-minute videos that show how to use a few of the basic features.
- Blog: Read up on Ordoro’s product updates.
- Social Media: Ordoro posts fairly infrequently on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. At the date of this review, their last post was three months ago.
Negative Reviews & Complaints
To get a bigger picture of the ways Ordoro serves its customers, I searched all over the internet for user reviews, both positive and negative. While I was able to find plenty of reviews from past years, I only found a handful of comments from this year. This lack of feedback is reflected at the BBB where Ordoro scores an A+ with only one complaint in the past three years.
Overall, the reviews that I did find had more positive things to say about Ordoro than negative. I did, however, notice one trend in the few negative reviews that I found. Here’s what they say:
- Slow Sync: A few customers mention that it can take a while for Ordoro to sync with their sales channels and import new orders. One merchant says they would like Ordoro’s automatic sync to happen more often than once an hour. It’s worth noting that my own experience with the software was different. Orders transferred over into the software almost immediately. I did not have to wait an hour, and I did not have to click the “Sync” button.
To supplement this complaint, I’ve come up with my own. Here’s where I think Ordoro needs to improve:
- Limited Features On Express Plan: To access dropshipping, kitting, and inventory management features, you have to sign up for a Pro plan, which begins at $399/month. Other shipping software programs include one or two of these features in their basic plans, which are typically priced based on the number of orders merchants ship per month.
Positive Reviews & Testimonials
In general, Ordoro users are happy with the software. Ordoro scores an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau and a solid 4.5/5 on G2Crowd.
Ordoro’s website also includes a “Customer Spotlight” page that includes a few customer testimonials along with a handful of articles that talk about how Ordoro has helped real businesses. These articles are, of course, written by Ordoro, and you’ll want to keep that in mind as you read them.
Here’s what happy users talk about most often on review sites:
- Discounted Shipping Rates: Customers can receive up to a 67% discount on USPS shipping.
- Excellent Customer Service: Users report that Ordoro’s support team is friendly and speedy. You can expect a timely response to your concerns.
- Good Dropshipping Features: Ordoro’s dropshipping capabilities are especially popular with Shopify users. Dropshipping features (available only on the Pro and Enterprise plans) let users automatically send orders to their suppliers. Vendor portals allow suppliers to access orders via a designated login.
- Many Integrations: Users like that Ordoro integrates with many popular software solutions. You can integrate with many sales channels and manage orders from all those channels in your admin.
- Free Plan Available: Smaller merchants can take advantage of Ordoro’s free plan. Keep in mind that this free plan only allows you to process up to 50 orders per month.
The web application employs SSL (Secure Socket Layer) security for all web traffic. SSL means your data is encrypted and secure. Ordoro also allows users on higher-level plans to set up user permissions, which you can use to grant team members access to different parts of your admin panel.
In general, we like Ordoro. The software is extremely easy to use — anyone who’s comfortable with a computer will be able to wrap their head around the software in an afternoon — and Ordoro’s customer service team seems to be doing an exemplary job. Also, Ordoro is a very affordable solution for sellers who need access to unlimited shipments. Typically, unlimited shipments are available only on enterprise-level plans; Ordoro offers unlimited shipments at just $59/month!
My one reservation has to do with Ordoro’s pricing structure, which only grants you dropshipping features on the Pro level plans. I wish this feature was available to all users. However, it isn’t abnormal to see an advanced feature like this available only to higher-paying users.
Overall, Ordoro is an excellent shipping solution for many merchants, especially those who operate an online store. If Ordoro sounds like the right solution for your business, I wholeheartedly recommend that you try it out for yourself. Take advantage of the free 15-day trial to see if Ordoro is right for you!
We've done in-depth research on each and confidently recommend them.
We've done in-depth research on each and confidently recommend them.