Looking for a free POS solution?
Try Square POS
- Date Established
- Easy to use
- Reasonable monthly cost
- Numerous integrations
- Unlimited shipping labels on all plans
- Limited customer support hours
- Potentially difficult to scale
ShipRush is an affordable software solution designed to calculate shipping rates quickly and accurately. The software app fits the needs of many different types of sellers as it comes with support for individual parcel shipping, freight shipping, and LTL shipping.
ShipRush claims to be the only shipping software that offers shipping rate comparisons on one screen, allowing you to select the cheapest shipping option every time. ShipRush also provides the regular features you expect from a shipping software, including multiple printing options and integrations with over 100 business systems.
Although in the past ShipRush has been available as both a desktop software and a web-based software, ShipRush is now making the switch to web-based only. According to a ShipRush representative, new users are only able to sign up for the web-based version, and there are plans to discontinue the desktop software within the year.
ShipRush has been available in its current, web-based version since 2015 when it was published by Z-Firm. Since then, the software has been acquired by Descartes, a software system group. ShipRush appears to be thriving under the new ownership.
ShipRush does an excellent job providing merchants with an affordable and effective solution for shipping calculations.
Keep reading to learn if ShipRush is the right fit for your business.
Table of Contents
ShipRush is billed as a monthly subscription. There are three pricing plans available, and each step up in pricing gives you access to more features and more integrated services. You can also try out ShipRush for free with a 60-day trial. Here are the available pricing options:
ShipRush’s Speedy plan costs $29.95/month and includes:
- 3 Users
- Multi-Carrier (UPS, FedEx, OnTrac, Amazon, DHL Express)
- Discount Postage
- eCommerce Integrations
ShipRush’s Turbo plan costs $59.95/month and includes everything in the Speedy plan, plus:
- DHL Ecommerce
- FedEx LTL Freight
ShipRush’s Warehouse plan costs $99.95/month and includes everything in the Turbo plan, plus:
- SQL web store
ShipRush also provides additional services for LTL (less-than-truckload) freight shipping. These services are available at additional cost:
Add LTL Rating: $100.00/month
- 3 Carriers
- Rate Only (50 Rates)
Add LTL Shipping-5: $150.00/month
- 5 Carriers
- 50 Tender/Dispatch
- Unlimited Rates
Add LTL Shipping-10: $250.00/month
- 10 Carriers
- 200 Tender/Dispatch
- Unlimited Rates
Cloud-Based Or Locally Installed
Although ShipRush still advertises the desktop version of the software, ShipRush is in the process of switching to offering only web-based software.
Hardware & Software Requirements
In order to use ShipRush, you need a computer, an up-to-date browser, and an internet connection.
Supported printers include laser, inkjet, and thermal printers.
Shipping Volume Of Business
With ShipRush, you can ship unlimited orders on every payment plan.
Ease Of Use
In order to test out ShipRush, I signed up for the 60-day free trial. During the sign-up process, I was able to integrate my online store (which is a Shopify account). I skipped adding my credit card information during sign up, and surprisingly, I was still able to access my dashboard. However, you should note that you won’t be able to integrate with shipping carriers without entering a credit card number.
Here’s the ShipRush dashboard as I first saw it. My Shopify orders immediately populated in my ShipRush account:
I then headed over to settings where I was able to add a demo shipping account. Using this demo account, I could view USPS shipping rates without actually creating a shipping account. Keep in mind that in order to add this demo account, you will be required to enter your payment method (a.k.a. a credit card number) into ShipRush.
With everything set up, I could now process my orders and finally view that legendary price comparison dashboard ShipRush gloats so much about. I see the advantage of the feature, although it probably would have been more impressive if I had integrated with more carriers. In general, I was satisfied with the shipping features ShipRush included. I was able to calculate shipping rates and download printing labels and packing slips easily.
ShipRush also has some nice automation features available. You can program your software to automatically select shipping options depending on a number of factors. You can also take advantage of one click “Rate” and “Ship” options that let you process orders without navigating to each individual order page.
While ShipRush is certainly not the flashiest shipping software out there, it does work quite well.
ShipRush offers all of the usual shipping features. Here’s what you can expect to find:
- Discounted Rates: Save up to 60% off base USPS rate and 21% off FedEx rates.
- Rate Dashboard: ShipRush is the only software that lets you compare rates from multiple carriers on the same screen.
- Automation: Create shipping rules to automate your processes.
- Send Notifications: Email your customers to let them know their order has shipped.
- Customer History: View past purchases and orders.
- Ship Internationally: Print domestic and international labels, packing lists, and customs documents.
- Print Remotely: Send your labels to any designated printer.
- Printer Options: ShipRush works with laser, thermal, and other printers.
- Save as PDF: Save your labels instead of printing them immediately.
- Reports: ShipRush generates reports that you can use to evaluate your shipping strategy.
Integrations & Add-Ons
ShipRush integrates with over 100 software programs. ShipRush also provides an API that developers can use to build additional connections. Here are a few of the most popular options:
- Big Cartel
- Miva Merchant
Accounting & CRM
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Sage 50
Customer Service & Support
ShipRush provides live support for all of their customers. I was pleased with the level of support I received; I called in twice and received complete responses to my questions within a reasonable time period. Here’s when those support channels are available:
- Phone Support: M-F from 8:30AM – 5:00PM PST
- Live Chat: M-F 5:00AM – 5:00PM PST
- Email Support: Responses within 2 hours on business days
Additional support materials include:
- Knowledge Base
- Support Forums
- Support Videos
Although I appreciate ShipRush’s personal support, I wish there were more up-to-date support videos available. A few more getting-started videos would have been a huge help setting up.
Negative Reviews & Complaints
There aren’t many customers discussing ShipRush. I only found a handful of reviews online. Here’s what those customers complained about:
- Not For Large Stores: Merchants who maintain an inventory of thousands of products may have a difficult time with ShipRush. Manually creating shipping rules for all of these different product weights and dimensions may take more time and effort than it’s worth.
- Ugly Admin: ShipRush’s admin works very well; it just isn’t very elegant.
- Limited Support Hours: Some ShipRush users have a hard time contacting support. Support is only available on typical business days.
Positive Reviews & Testimonials
I only found a couple of positive reviews online. Here’s what they remarked upon:
- Easy To Use: While ShipRush is not necessarily intuitive at first, it isn’t hard to get the hang of the software. It shouldn’t take long to learn your way around.
- Process Orders On The Go: ShipRush users love the ability to process orders from anywhere and send shipping labels to printers even when they’re miles away.
- Integrates With Multiple Carriers & Software: Users love that they can view rates from multiple carriers in one place. They also love that ShipRush lets them import orders from their eCommerce platforms.
ShipRush employs encryption on every webpage and in the admin panel using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
In my eyes, ShipRush is a good shipping software for many businesses. It appears to be relatively bug-free with enough versatility to meet the needs of most sellers. And while ShipRush does not sport a cutting-edge look, the rates dashboard feature definitely has a modern flavor to it.
If you’re looking for an affordable rates calculator for your online store, take a look at ShipRush. Sign up for a free trial and see if the software feels intuitive to you. Import your orders, create automation rules, and print demo shipping labels. With 60 days free, you’ve got nothing to lose!
We've done in-depth research on each and confidently recommend them.
We've done in-depth research on each and confidently recommend them.