- Free trial available
- Mobile app
- Numerous features
- Supports international business
- Not suitable for small businesses
- Limited integrations
Unleashed is online inventory software best suited for use by medium to large businesses and distinguished by its wealth of features. For users ranging all the way up to large, multinational corporations with multiple warehouses and extensive product lines, this is a serious inventory solution that lets users manage not only inventory but also purchasing, sales, customers, and production.
However, Unleashed reviews often include the recognition that the very expansiveness of its feature set also makes the software somewhat overwhelming for some users. The possibilities are vast, and in a way, the software’s capabilities are what you choose to make of them. And you’ll find useful integrations — from CRM solution Salesforce to Xero accounting software to eCommerce platforms like Shopify and Magento — that allow you to customize an even more comprehensive solution for your business.
Users can choose from a variety of Unleashed pricing tiers meant to suit businesses of different types and sizes. However, a recent change in the pricing structure eliminated a plan aimed at smaller businesses. For that reason among others, Unleashed is likely to be the best fit for larger companies, especially those that manufacture products and/or distribute them wholesale, have stock moving in and out of several warehouses, and need to simplify their supply-chain logistics and management. While smaller businesses can use the software too, from what I’ve seen of it, the larger ones will gain the most from all that Unleashed has to offer.
Unleashed inventory tools are powerful, no doubt. Read on to see if this inventory management software might be right for your business.
Table of Contents
- Unleashed Pricing
- Cloud-Based Or Locally Installed
- Hardware & Software Requirements
- Specific Size Of Business
- Ease of Use
- Unleashed Features
- Unleashed Inventory Customer Service & Support
- Unleashed Reviews
- Unleashed Integrations & Add-Ons
- Unleashed Inventory FAQs
- Final Verdict Of Unleashed Inventory Management Software
Unleashed inventory pricing includes three tiers, and the target market for each is included in the plan name: medium, large, and large-plus businesses. In the past, Unleashed had a plan aimed at smaller businesses, but that plan is not available any longer. All Unleashed plans require an annual commitment, although users can choose to pay monthly at a higher rate if they prefer. The plans include an increasing number of features and decreasing limitations.
Unleashed offers a free trial, giving you two weeks to test out the software for yourself. No credit card is required to sign up. During the trial, you can test the software with demo data or upload your own information. If you upload your own data, it will roll over to your account once you sign up for a paid plan.
Unleashed Medium Plan
Unleashed’s Medium plan costs $259/month and includes:
- Three users
- Unlimited products
- Unlimited customers
- Unlimited suppliers
- Unlimited transactions
- Unlimited integrations
- Unlimited warehouses
- Unlimited currencies
- Mobile sales app
- Sandbox environment
- Document designed
- B2B eCommerce
- Business Intelligence Foundation
- 10 product attribute sets
- Production module
- Serial and batch tracking
- API access with 125,000 calls each month
- Access to Unleashed University (pay per user)
- Email and community support
Unleashed Large Plan
Unleashed Large plan costs $499/month and includes everything on the Medium plan plus:
- Eight users
- 10 product attribution sets
- API access with 250,000 calls each month
- Business Intelligence Foundation
- Free access to Unleashed University
Unleashed Large Plus
Unleashed’s Large Plus plan costs $819/month and includes everything on the Large plan plus:
- 20 users
- API access with 500,000 calls each month
- Premium support option
At all levels, users can pay a fee to add a little more to their Unleashed inventory subscription. If you have room in your budget and need these extras, you’re in luck.
- Additional Users: Each service level includes a set number of users allowed, and you can add extra users for an additional monthly fee. The price varies by plan level. On the Medium and Large plans, it’s $89 per user, up to 20 additional. On the Large Plus plan, it’s $69 per additional user, up to 20 additional.
- Business Intelligence Vision: For $429 annually or $39/month, Unleashed inventory users can access a built-in business intelligence tool. You can track performance by collating key performance indicators from various sources.
- Premium Support: All subscriptions include email and community support. For an additional $179/month, with a four-month minimum, users on all plan levels can add premium support and unlock phone and live chat support options.
- Managed Onboarding: Gain setup assistance for a one-time fee of $537.
Cloud-Based Or Locally Installed
Unleashed is entirely web-based. All data in your account is accessed, managed, and stored securely in the cloud, meaning you don’t need to install any software on your local system.
Hardware & Software Requirements
Unleashed inventory supports the latest versions of Google Chrome and Edge browsers. Using those browsers will deliver the optimal Unleashed experience. You can access Unleashed using Safari, Firefox, or older versions of Chrome and Edge, but the software may not work perfectly. Unleashed does not support browsers not listed above.
All Unleashed plans include free access to robust iOS and Android mobile apps that give you access to inventory on the go. Every user on your account has access to the mobile app, and users can access the app offline; it will sync when you’re back online.
Specific Size Of Business
Unleashed is a powerful inventory management tool, with a price tag to match its depth of features. It’s best suited for medium to large businesses and is most likely too expensive and too complex for businesses on the smaller end of the scale.
While it’s true that Unleashed includes abundant and advanced features, that’s matched by a higher-than-industry-average price point that may price out even some mid-sized users. Cost-conscious business owners can find a range of pricing options for top-rated inventory software that will better suit their budgets and their needs.
On the other hand, users with complex inventory needs will find that Unleashed offers just about everything they need. That includes the ability to track inventory in multiple warehouses, across the globe. Businesses operating overseas may especially appreciate Unleashed’s international tools, including international commerce codes, international shipping options, and unlimited currencies.
Ease of Use
Let’s get this out of the way: Unleashed is complicated. Very complicated. True, it boasts a clean UI and it does start off with a nice tutorial to help make sense of everything, but it is enormous and deeply complex. However, it seems that Unleashed does everything it can to simplify its complex functions and make them comprehensible. For example, the Unleashed UI is modern, slick, and simplified. It is functional and easy to understand. I appreciate the organization, from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen to the shortcuts button located in the top middle of the interface. You even get alerts when stocks of certain products are beginning to run low.
You’ll find some helpful features, too, such as the Document Designer. With a number of templates pre-made for you to access, this takes some of the work out of designing purchase orders, invoices, packing slips, returns, and more. This handy feature has been updated fairly recently to make it even more useful. It’s likely that you’ll want to use Unleashed in conjunction with some other kinds of business software. Sometimes, it can be a bit of a pain to figure out how to integrate all of your subscriptions together. In Unleashed, the prominently featured Integration Store makes finding and using your particular integrations simple.
Unleashed offers advanced functionality that can take a little getting used to. Fortunately, users can get some help setting up Unleashed inventory. While that help does come at a price, I can imagine the $537 one-time onboarding fee would be money well spent.
As stated previously, Unleashed inventory does not skimp on the features. It’s a full-bodied inventory management system designed to meet the needs of complex businesses. Unleashed software lets you manage inventory, purchasing, production, and sales. Add in the ability to track supply chains and manage stock across multiple warehouses, and you’ve got a powerful business tool indeed. You can even create invoices, pick lists, and shipping documents automatically and generate customized reports.
Here’s some of what you can expect to find:
- Dashboard: In a program as complex as this one, there really needs to be a place you can go to get quick answers. Plan to visit the dashboard for an overview of everything Unleashed tracks, from purchase history to inventory stocks and sales, including revenue and profit.
- Inventory Management: Barcode scanning, custom display, and CSV imports. Create detailed product masters and set margin transparencies and minimum and maximum stock levels. Manage multiple warehouse locations with per-warehouse controls and track perpetual stock locations. Create price markups and product groupings.
- Order Management & Fulfillment: Clone quotes and sales orders. Set customer types and customer pricing and create detailed customer masters. Set multiple delivery addresses and use multiple price tiers, order discounts, and quantity discounts. Create customized packing slips and sales invoices as well as commercial invoices. Set payment terms and access the B2B eCommerce portal. Store customers’ information, such as addresses, phone numbers, and order history.
- Barcode Scanning: Use barcode scanning to reduce manual input that introduces human errors. Unleashed offers plug-and-play compatibility with most popular 1D barcode readers, scanners, and mobile apps.
- Warehouse Management: Manage multiple warehouses and utilize perpetual stock counts and per-warehouse controls. Print off pick-and-pack documentation for the entire order process, including shipping.
- Returns: Manage product returns to your suppliers, including duties, freight or handling costs, and write-offs. Access several flexible return options for customer returns, including crediting customers and returning stock to inventory.
- Vendor Management: Store all your transactions in one place to stay on top of purchases and suppliers. Access the Purchase Enquiry report for deeper insight or use intuitive Business Intelligence supplier management tools. Import your supplier price list and let Unleashed show you quantity prices and discounts for each product.
- Sales Orders: Use the Sales module to manage quotes, orders, shipments, and invoices. Access reports on sales, margins, and profitability. Design your own templates for sales documents. Create sales quotes and sales orders.
- Purchase Orders: Create purchase orders with or without cost lines. Save the purchase order with a parked, costed, or placed status. Clone existing purchase orders into a new purchase order, selecting a different supplier if you want.
- Reports: Access in-depth, customizable reports and analytics to gain insight on your business. Options include purchases, inventory, sales, and more. Change the layout of columns, display subtotals per group, and save your preferred report layout as a template to use again in the future.
- Native Integrations: Unleashed supports native integration with Vend POS. Use it to automatically sync stock and sales information across your retail outlets, eCommerce sites, and multiple warehouses in real time. You’ll also find native integrations with eCommerce platforms Magento and Shopify.
- Mobile App: Unleashed includes a free mobile app for both Android and iOS that is optimized for 2,000 products. It allows users to make and edit orders on the go, including when they’re offline. Use the app to show customers product photos, access customer information, and check warehouse levels from anywhere.
Unleashed Inventory Customer Service & Support
All Unleashed subscriptions include email and community support. Premium support is available for a price. Here are the details:
- Phone: Available to users who pay for the Premium support package at $179/month with a four-month minimum.
- Email: Send an email or log a ticket for a response from Unleashed’s support team.
- Live Chat: Available to users who pay for the Premium support package at $179/month with a four-month minimum.
- Community Forum: Unleashed’s community forums provide a central place for users to interact, ask questions, find answers, and gain knowledge. The forums are monitored by Unleashed community managers.
- Videos: Watch a series of video tutorials covering specific Unleashed features via the website. Or check out Unleashed inventory’s YouTube channel.
- Unleashed University: Sign up for Unleashed’s self-paced learning portal for interactive learning materials you can access when and how you want.
- Training: Visit Unleashed Academy for brief videos and informative podcasts that walk users through the fundamentals of inventory management, the ins and outs of Unleashed, and industry best practices and insights.
- Blog: You’ll find new articles about twice a week on the Unleashed blog.
- Social Media: You’ll find active Unleashed accounts on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Users’ Unleashed reviews are generally positive, with a 4.5/5 star rating on Capterra and a slightly lower but still impressive 4/5 star rating from G2Crowd. Since our original review, Unleashed developers have solved many of the problems we were concerned with, such as a difficult UI, overwhelming complexity, and so on. However, while the improvements here are encouraging, Unleashed still frustrates some users. Let’s take a look at what they’re saying.
Negative Reviews & Complaints
The complaints I have found about Unleashed almost all return to one problem:
- Lack Of Flexibility: Some of those complaints deal with reports that, while expanded in functionality, are not customizable. Some complaints wish for the ability to adjust the dates on inventories, claiming that “real-life” inventory work is not always done in real time. Still, others complain that the search function will only find product codes, not product names. Behind each of these complaints is a single flaw: Unleashed wants to be used in only one way. If your needs fall somewhere outside that single design, you may end up a frustrated customer.
- Expensive: This complaint is exacerbated by Unleashed’s choice to eliminate its Small plan, excluding smaller businesses from its target audience.
- Difficult To Use: Even those who complain that Unleashed is complex and that it can be difficult to master acknowledge that the complexity is ultimately a benefit to users. And most online reviewers praise Unleashed’s customer support for helping them learn the software’s ins and outs.
Positive Reviews & Testimonials
There are also plenty of users who are thrilled with Unleashed. Here’s a sampling of what customers have to say:
- Responsive Customer Service: Many Unleashed reviews from users note their satisfaction with the customer support options available.
- Mobile App: Users seem to appreciate Unleashed’s mobile app for Android and iOS.
- Multi-Warehouse Functionality: Unleashed’s complexity means it can handle the inventory needs of large businesses with ease, even those with multiple warehouses in multiple locations or even in different countries.
Unleashed Integrations & Add-Ons
You’ll find 31 options for integrations on the Unleashed Marketplace. Categories include accounting and finance, commerce, CRM, analytics, point of sale, the mobile app, and connectors.
Unleashed’s integration with Xero accounting software is one of its flagship partnerships. Other accounting options include QuickBooks and Pencil. You’ll find 15 eCommerce partners, including big names Shopify, Amazon, and Magento as well as a few smaller players such as Zoey. While the list of apps available is certainly not overwhelming, you’ll probably be satisfied with the options you find.
Unleashed inventory uses TLS protocol, the updated version of SSL, to encrypt internet traffic and secure your data. Data is stored daily across global servers, meaning Unleashed can quickly switch to a backup site in the event of any kind of security breach. Unleashed monitors events, activities, and alerts to identify and manage threats. That includes regular penetration testing and regular security improvements.
Unleashed boasts a record of 99.9% uptime and encourages users to put safeguards into place to secure data on their own ends. That includes user invitations, role permissions, account lockout, and two-step authentication. Unleashed does not support shared logins.
Unleashed Inventory FAQs
Final Verdict Of Unleashed Inventory Management Software
While there is no doubt that Unleashed software provides a comprehensive inventory management system, it is best suited for medium to large businesses that have a larger amount of inventory. It’s probably also best suited for those that don’t rely excessively on online sales, despite the fact that users can integrate a few eCommerce with the software. If it doesn’t sound like Unleashed inventory management is the right choice for your business, keep looking for better inventory options that will match your business needs more closely.
On the other hand, if Unleashed sounds like a good fit, take advantage of the free trial period and test the software out. Users will find a ton of features available, and it’s evident that the Unleashed software is quite powerful. Some users will find the software fees rather complicated, and the software doesn’t do the greatest job of diminishing the complexity of inventory management for the average business user. If you’re not a power inventory specialist, chances are you might run into some stumbling blocks as you work in the system, or at least some points where you’re a bit confused and need some assistance.
If you’re looking for a powerful, full-featured online inventory management solution, you could do a lot worse than Unleashed. Just be advised that there is a bit of a learning curve involved before you get totally comfortable with the software. I found it a bit clunkier and more complicated than I would have liked, but I couldn’t help being impressed with the power and possibilities Unleashed gives you as you manage and grow your business.
And if you aspire to be the type of business that needs the complexity Unleashed delivers, you may want to explore your options for growth. That includes securing financing to grow your business. If your business isn’t quite ready for Unleashed inventory, concentrate on growth — you may find yourself signing up for that free Unleashed trial before you know it!
We've done in-depth research on each and confidently recommend them.
We've done in-depth research on each and confidently recommend them.