What Is Square For Bars & How Does It Compare To Other Bar Software?
Square POS and Square for Restaurants are great options to use in bars or nightclubs. Find out how to elevate both your front and back of the house systems with Square.
Running a bar or nightclub can be one of the more stressful jobs in the food industry, and you need a POS system that can keep up with heavy turnover and a large number of tickets.
Using Square POS for bars, one of the most widely used and best-rated point of sale and processing systems on the market, can help alleviate many of your issues. Read on to find out how.
Table of Contents
- What Is Square POS For Bars & Nightclubs?
- Square For Bars Pricing
- Square For Bars Features
- Square For Bars Hardware Options
- Square For Bars Is Best For…
- Alternatives To Square For Bars
- Square For Bars FAQs
What Is Square POS For Bars & Nightclubs?
Square POS is a solid choice for bars and nightclubs because it has industry-specific integrations, a free entry point for both Square POS and Square For Restaurants, and intuitive hardware that can help you manage your busy establishment.
Square has the ability to take mobile POS payments and set up online ordering and delivery, along with features to manage your employees and inventory.
Square For Bars Pricing
The nice thing about Square is that you can access its software for free.
Square also makes it easy to tap into more advanced features with paid monthly subscriptions if your business expands. In short, you have options.
Here’s what you can expect to pay whether you choose to go with Square’s free POS app or Square for Restaurants.
Square For Bars Features
While Square is one of the simplest and more intuitive POS systems around, it doesn’t skimp on features. And the nice thing is that you can choose to expand your access to features at any time, either by purchasing a higher subscription plan or by upgrading your Square hardware. Here’s a look at what Square for bars has to offer.
Square Free POS Bar Features
- Mobile Payment Options: Square allows you to take orders and payments from anywhere in your bar or nightclub. This can free up those long lines and ease the stress on your bartenders and kitchen staff.
- Real-time Inventory Updates: Square can automatically inform employees when certain items are running low or are out of stock, cutting down on frustration from customers and helping managers know what needs to be replenished.
- Square Online Store: Square offers a free website with Square Online, allowing you to create your own website for free to show off your menu and other unique aspects of your business.
- Real-time Reporting: Square offers a basic reporting package that can keep you informed about what items are selling well, when customers are visiting your establishment, and cost analysis on products.
Square For Restaurants Features
- Online Ordering: You can add online ordering in conjunction with your online store to set up food delivery either with your own carriers or through a third-party service. If you want to offer alcohol delivery, you can add an age verification pop-up on your site.
- Kitchen Display System: With Square KDS, you can easily manage your orders from a single screen. You can also set up how your tickets are laid out and add customized notifications. It takes minutes to set up and is fully customizable to your staff’s preferences.
- Simple Modifiers: Square’s modifier system quickly and efficiently walks employees through items, helping them with potential upselling opportunities and cutting down on oversights on orders.
- Menu Management: Square For Restaurants offers menu creation and management to help you brand your establishment and provide a visually pleasing experience for customers.
- Social Media Integrations: Square easily syncs up with popular social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, allowing you to both advertise and sell through those sites.
- Marketing: You can build custom marketing campaigns with Square’s unique templates and send out tailored email blasts to customers while storing their information for future promotions.
Square For Bars Hardware Options
One of Square’s best features is its proprietary hardware that can help take selling to the next level. Square offers its convenient reader for contactless and chip payments, but it also has excellent options for countertop service.
Square For Bars Is Best For…
- Businesses that want the ability to take mobile payments
- Bars looking for a free online store
- Businesses looking for simple, integrated payments
- Bars that want a scaleable POS
- Businesses that want a wide variety of integrations
- Bars looking to add delivery options
Alternatives To Square For Bars
While Square is an excellent choice for many bars, nightclubs, and restaurants, there are plenty of other options that might fit your individual needs slightly better. Here are some other POS options you may want to consider.