- Suited for small businesses
- Relaxed borrower requirements
- Relaxed credit score requirements
- Short application process
- 24 – 48 hours time to funding
- Potentially expensive terms & fees
- Some additional fees
- Possible prepayment penalty
Biz2Credit is a New York-based alternative lending platform that offers financing to small businesses. This company is a direct funder, but if their products don’t work for you they can also match you up with a financing product from their network of partner lenders. Through Biz2Credit, you might be eligible for a variety of funding options, such as working capital loans, SBA loans, lines of credit, or traditional business term loans. This company also offers a free financial assistant called BizAnalyzer and multiple funding calculators to help you understand your business financials.
To qualify for financing, you’ll need to have at least six months in business and have solid revenue. While startups will have to look elsewhere for financing, Biz2Credit is a viable option for many young businesses. That said, as always, you’ll want to comparison shop before committing to any kind of alternative loan. Our short-term funding comparison chart can give you a head start.
Table of Contents
Biz2Credit offers four types of financing:
- Working capital loans
- Merchant cash advances
- SBA loans
- Commercial real estate loans
Additionally, it offers lines of credit and term loans via its network of partners.
To qualify for financing through Biz2Credit or one of its partners, you’ll generally need to be in business at least six months and have solid revenue. Biz2Credit will also look at your credit score, but a poor score will not necessarily disqualify you from funding.
In addition to offering financing for all merchants, Biz2Credit offers programs specifically to help women and minorities receive funding.
Terms & Fees
Because Biz2Credit offers many types of financing products, some in-house and some from lending partners, your rates and fees will vary depending on the financial products you qualify for.
In general, here’s what you can expect when working with Biz2Credit:
|Borrowing Amount:||$5,000 – $5 million|
|Term Length:||3 – 36 months|
|Additional Fees:||Possible underwriting fee, closing fee, or origination fee|
|APR:||Varies by lender and product|
|Collateral:||Varies by lender and product|
Biz2Credit might be able to set you up with daily, weekly, or monthly repayments (depending on the financial product and the needs of the business). Repayments might be automatically deducted from your bank account or credit card sales. Check out our list of common fees for a more detailed breakdown of fees you might encounter.
In addition to interest or a factor rate, you might also have to pay an underwriting fee, closing fee, or origination fee, depending on the type of financing you are accepting. Biz2Credit does not charge application or submission fees — you won’t have to pay anything unless you accept financing.
Here’s a quick rundown of the products Biz2Credit might be able to set you up with:
- Working Capital Loans: Working capital loans are used to keep your everyday business operations up and running. They’re generally short-term loans used to smooth out cash flow, handle seasonal sales fluctuations, or capitalize on other business opportunities.
- Merchant Cash Advances: Instead of getting a loan, you can sell a percentage of your future daily credit card sales to a funder. They’ll then hold back a portion of your card sales every day until you’ve fulfilled the terms of your MCA.
- SBA Loans: Installment loans partially guaranteed by the Small Business Administration. These loans feature longer terms and better rates for businesses that may not otherwise qualify.
- Commercial Real Estate Loans: Loans used to build, purchase, or update a business’s commercial space.
- Lines Of Credit: Lines of credit establish a credit limit that you can borrow against for the duration your account is open. You can draw on your line of credit as often as you want so long as the total amount you’ve borrowed doesn’t exceed your credit limit.
- Installment Loans: Installment loans are, more or less, what you think of when someone says “loan.” They usually have term lengths over a year long, are paid monthly, and accumulate interest over time.
Note that Biz2Credit does charge a prepayment fee, so if you think you’ll be able to pay off your loan early, you may want to look elsewhere.
The major convenience offered by Biz2Credit is their quick and easy application process. You can find out how much you can borrow by submitting information about the amount you’re seeking, your time in business, your annual revenue, and your credit score. The application generally takes about four minutes.
If you’d like some help, you can also begin the process through the site’s chat feature. Spend more than a few moments there, and you’ll be pinged by a representative who can answer your questions and take your information.
Biz2Credit will then match you to one of their funding products. If you’re given multiple options, you can choose the product that best suits your needs. After that, your experience will differ depending on financing product you choose. You may be asked to submit additional documentation at that time.
In best case scenarios, you can secure funding within 24 hours.
Sales & Advertising Transparency
Biz2Credit does a fairly decent job of disclosing the fees and terms of their service, especially through the FAQ and knowledge center. Just keep in mind that you won’t know too much about the financing product you’ll receive until much further down the process. The company also maintains accounts on Facebook, Twitter, G+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Customer Service & Technical Support
Biz2Credit provides a number of different ways to contact them, including by phone, by email, by form, or through the site’s integrated LiveChat. The LiveChat can be a little aggressive, but it’s an easy way to ask questions.
Negative Reviews & Complaints
Biz2Credit has an A+ rating with the BBB, although it isn’t formally accredited. There are 11 complaints on record, however. Negative factors associated with the company include:
- Communication Issues: A number of complaints center around customer confusion about application processes, credit checks, and fees.
- Hard Pulls On Credit: Biz2Credit eventually requires a hard pull on your credit, which several customers found to be burdensome.
- Expensive: Combined with the direct cost of the loans, you will be paying a premium for Biz2Credit’s assistance.
Positive Reviews & Testimonials
Biz2Credit’s reviews are overwhelmingly positive on TrustPilot. User reviews praised:
- Customer Service: The vast majority of reviews praised the customer service. Most found it to be fast, flexible and headache-saving.
- Breadth Of Products: Biz2Credit works with a variety of different types of lenders, granting access to a broad variety of financial products.
- Speed: Many customers were pleased with how quickly they received their funding.
If you’re 1) not scared away by the fees, 2) short on time, and 3) have a business at least six months old with solid revenue, you may find Biz2Credit to be an extremely useful service. Because these kinds of platforms monetize themselves in different ways, it can be challenging to determine which will offer you the most bang for your buck. Some charge the lender a finder’s fee, for example, which then may or may not be passed on to the customer. In the case of Biz2Credit, you’ll know for sure that you’re dealing with a higher cost.