Engineered Tax Services Review 2024
Engineered Tax Services is a specialty tax firm that helps taxpayers claim credits and incentives, including cost segregation.
Engineered Tax Services At A Glance
- Engineered Tax Services is a licensed engineering firm comprised of accountants, tax attorneys, engineers, scientists, and other professionals.
- ETS helps businesses of all sizes claim tax credits including ERC, R&D, and through cost segregation studies.
- The company provides a free analysis for cost segregation, R&D, WIT, and more.
- Free cost segregation feasibility analysis
- Specialty tax services
- Numerous tools and educational resources
- Nontransparent fees
- Several customer service complaints
Table of Contents
What Is Engineered Tax Services?
Engineered Tax Services is a specialty tax firm that has helped clients claim millions of tax credits and incentives since the company’s establishment in 2001. Engineered Tax Services boasts a team of accountants, attorneys, engineers, and scientists to help businesses with cost segregation, research and development (R&D) credits, employee retention tax credits (ERC), and other tax services.
Engineered Tax Services has 26 offices nationwide and has worked with several big-name clients, including Toyota, Marriott, and Hilton Hotels and Resorts.
Services Provided By Engineered Tax Services
Engineered Tax Services specializes in tax credits, tax incentives, and other services, including:
- Cost segregation studies
- R&D tax credits
- Work Opportunity Tax Credits (WOTC)
- Wireless Infrastructure Technology (WIT)
- 179D Energy Policy Act tax deductions
- 46L energy tax credits
- Improvement studies
- Partial asset dispositions
- Historic building tax credits
- HOA reserve studies
- Domestic Production Activities Deductions
- Insurance appraisals
- Property Condition Assessments
- Grant services
Engineered Tax Services Fees
| Cost Segregation Study Fees 3.0
| Cost Segregation Feasability Analysis Fees 5.0
Similar to other specialty tax firms, Engineered Tax Services does not disclose its fees online. However, you can request a free analysis to determine if you qualify for cost segregation, ERC, R&D, and other services offered by Engineered Tax Services.
Unfortunately, user reviews also provide no insights into the affordability (or lack thereof) of Engineered Tax Services’ fees. This lack of transparency impacted our rating for Engineered Tax Services’ fees.
Engineered Tax Services Features
| Cost Segregation Services 4.5
| Additional Tax Services 5.0
Whether you want to accelerate depreciation on your commercial property with a cost segregation study or want to retroactively claim your ERC funds for keeping employees on staff during the COVID pandemic, there are several benefits of working with Engineered Tax Services.
Features like a free calculator and an abundance of tax resources contributed to our high rating in this area. The availability of additional tax services brought our rating up to 4.6/5 for features.
Standout features include:
- Free Cost Segregation Analysis: Get a free feasibility analysis from Engineered Tax Services. In-person and remote visits to your property are available.
- Free R&D Analysis: Engineered Tax Services can help you determine if you’re eligible to claim the R&D tax credit.
- ERC Calculator: A free ERC calculator can give you an estimate of your ERC refund.
- Free 45L Analysis: See if your energy-efficient property qualifies for a tax credit with a free 45L analysis.
- Free Wireless Infrastructure Technology Review: ETS helps maximize revenue for commercial property owners with rooftop and land leases with wireless providers. A free analysis is available to determine if you qualify.
- Grant Services: ETS provides grant services to help match businesses with federal, state, local, and private grants. ETS can handle everything from finding grants, submitting applications, tracking the status of grants, and recording how grant funds are used.
- Resources: Engineered Tax Services has a variety of tools and resources available on its website, including case studies, eBooks, guides, podcasts, webinars, and infographics.
Engineered Tax Services Customer Service
| Personal Support 4.7
| Self-Service 5.0
Engineered Tax Services has several ways to get in touch. You can fill out the applicable online form for a free analysis, reach out by email, or call the company’s toll-free number for more information. ETS also has Taxley, a chatbot that helps you find what you’re looking for on the ETS website or will connect you with a live representative.
|Engineered Tax Services Support
|Dedicated Support Representative
|Knowledge Base or Help Center
|Videos & Tutorials
ETS features some helpful resources on its site that educate taxpayers about the company’s services, tax credits, and tax incentives. This includes eBooks, a company blog, and client case studies. The company also has social media profiles on Facebook, Instagram, X, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
ETS also has received numerous reviews praising the responsiveness, expertise, and friendliness of its representatives, although there are a few complaints claiming the opposite. When combined with numerous communication methods and self-serve tax resources, Engineered Tax Services receives a nearly perfect score for its customer service.
Engineered Tax Services Reviews
| Customer Feedback 4.0
| Review Site Aggregate 3.4
Reviews are generally positive for Engineered Tax Services, although there are a handful of complaints. The company holds an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, but it is not accredited, and there are no reviews or complaints through the BBB website.
The company is rated 3.8 out of 5 (out of 62 reviews) on Google, 3.7 out of 5 (based on three reviews) on Yelp, and 2.7 out of 5 (based on four reviews) on Trustpilot. The number and quality of reviews contributed to our 3.7/5 ratings for user reviews.
Engineered Tax Services also features several positive testimonials on its website.
Engineered Tax Services Complaints
Engineered Tax Services has racked up a few complaints. It is important to note that several of the negative reviews are from prior employees evaluating Engineered Tax Services as an employer.
Here’s what past clients didn’t like about Engineered Tax Services:
- Some representatives were rude and unresponsive
- High additional fees to correct errors
Positive Engineered Tax Services Reviews
Most clients were satisfied with Engineered Tax Services, with most praising the following:
- Detailed, clear, and accurate cost segregation reports
- Ability to find thousands of dollars in tax savings
- Easy and thorough R&D tax credit services
- Professional, knowledgeable, and reliable staff
Is Engineered Tax Services Worth It?
Engineered Tax Services has many services designed to help businesses get the most out of their income tax returns. In fact, we selected ETS as one of the best cost segregation companies. In addition to in-depth cost segregation studies, ERC, R&D tax credits, and incentives for energy-efficient businesses are just a few of the offerings ETS has for taxpayers.
Additionally, there are a few unique services you won’t find at other tax firms, including the Wireless Infrastructure Technology partnerships and grant services that help businesses find, apply for, and receive business grants.
There are a handful of complaints in terms of additional fees and unhelpful representatives. Still, Engineered Tax Services has an overall positive reputation with its current and past clients.
There isn’t a lot of information available in terms of the fees you can expect when using Engineered Tax Services. While this isn’t uncommon in the industry, user reviews generally indicate whether fees are competitive or more expensive than expected. Unfortunately, there are no insights into how much you can expect to pay for services, although the company does offer a free analysis for cost segregation, R&D credits, ERC, WIT, and more.
With its wide range of services, free estimates, positive reviews, and an abundance of educational resources and tools on its website, Engineered Tax Services is certainly worth pursuing if you want to lower your tax liability (and keep more money in your pocket) with tax credits and incentives.
Cost Segregation Review Methodology
We spend hours researching and evaluating each cost segregation company we review at Merchant Maverick, placing special emphasis on key characteristics to generate our service provider ratings.
When rating cost segregation companies, we use an 18-point rubric that looks at features, fees, customer service, and user reviews. We weigh each section differently to calculate the total star rating.
- Features: 50% of the total star rating
- Fees: 35% of the total star rating
- Customer Service: 10% of the total star rating
- User Reviews: 5% of the total star rating
Each section is further broken down into granular, weighted subsections, in which we look at specific attributes, like whether a free initial analysis is available, which cost segregation resources are offered, and availability in all 50 states.
Learn more about how we rate cost segregation companies.
Want to help shape the future of the Merchant Maverick website? Join our testing and survey community!
By providing feedback on how we can improve, you can earn gift cards and get early access to new features.