- Excellent mobile apps
- Free trial
- Advanced invoice customizations
- Good customer support
- Easy to use
- Limited features
- Limited integrations
- No live bank feeds
Incredibly easy to use, Invoice2go boasts customizable invoices and good customer support options. In a world where mobile apps are often pale shadows of their web software counterparts, Invoice2go stands out by offering apps for both iPhone and Android with the same — if not better — functionality than the desktop software.
While there’s much to love, an in-depth Invoice2go review reveals that the software is lacking a few key features, like live bank feeds and project management. The company has also taken a step backward with recent changes to its pricing structure, and there aren’t many integrations available. Potential users will have to weigh the software’s positives against its negatives. Invoice2go may be one of the best invoicing solutions — but is it what your business needs?
Table of Contents
Invoice2go pricing includes four plans. You can now opt for monthly or annual payments; the annual plan gives you a slight discount. A free 30-day trial is available, and there is a 30-day money-back guarantee as well. Unfortunately, Invoice2go requires users to input credit card information in order to access that free trial. While you can cancel at any time, we highly disapprove of this practice as the majority of the industry offers free trials with no credit card information required.
Fortunately, we noticed that after about 24 hours, we received an email waiving the credit card requirement and inviting us to enjoy a truly free trial. If you want to avoid giving Invoice2go your credit card information, add an extra day or so into your plans for testing the software.
Here’s what each plan includes. Prices listed are for month-to-month payment:
The Lite Plan costs $5.99/month and includes:
- 50 invoices/month
- 5 clients
- Accept payments
- Payment receipts
- Profile page
- Unlimited storage
- 1 user
The Standard Plan costs $9.99/month and includes everything in the Lite Plan, plus:
- 20 invoices/month
- 20 estimates/month
- 25 clients
- Time tracking
- Invoice status tracking
- Expense tracking
- Client activity
- Integration with Xero
The Advanced Plan costs $23.99/month and includes everything in the Standard Plan, plus:
- 40 invoices
- 40 estimates
- 100 clients
- 2 users
The Unlimited Plan costs $39.99/month and includes everything in the Advanced Plan, plus:
- Unlimited invoices/month
- Unlimited estimates/month
- Unlimited clients
- Phone support
- 5 users
Cloud-Based Or Locally Installed
The desktop version of Invoice2go is cloud-based. No downloads or installation required. Mobile apps for phones and tablets can be downloaded and installed onto your device.
Hardware & Software Requirements
Because the desktop version of Invoice2go is cloud-based, it works on any computer with internet access, although you can use the software offline; Invoice2go will sync data once you regain internet access. The software runs most reliably and quickly on Google Chrome. The mobile app version of Invoice2go is supported on iPhone/iPad (iOS 11.0+) and Android (5.0+).
Specific Size Of Business
Invoice2go was designed to be a customizable software solution that fits small business owners looking for a way to send fast invoices and who don’t need a full accounting package. The software was originally created as a mobile-only app, and while the company has expanded to desktop, the mobile-friendly apps are still a big selling point for business owners on the go. Micro businesses, sole proprietors, and freelancers can also benefit from the software.
The only downside is that the more Invoice2go has grown, the more their prices have increased and the fewer features you get (for example, every plan used to offer unlimited invoices). There are definitely more affordable invoicing software options out there that may offer more bang for your buck. Compare our top invoicing software recommendations to see for yourself. The software is not ideal for businesses with more than five users.
Ease Of Use
Invoice2go is incredibly easy to use and the setup process is fast. Both the mobile app and website take only moments to master, and the features are well organized. The website interface is well-designed and it has undergone significant improvements in the recent past.
A thorough Invoice2go review shows that Invoice2go does very well in its core area: invoicing. Unfortunately, Invoice2go’s feature set is limited to invoicing and does not include some of the typical functions you’d expect to see in other invoicing programs, such as live bank feeds and project management. The company has added a much-needed time tracking feature since our last review and a few other great functions.
Here is an overview of Invoice2go’s features. Be aware that some of these features are not available on the Lite plan:
- Dashboard: The new dashboard has an improved UI and displays the totals of overdue invoices, unpaid invoices, and unsent invoices. There’s also a section for notifications, recently edited invoices, and your total sales for the month. Users have quick access to features via the tabs on the left-hand side of the screen. There is also a “Today” tab to keep you even more organized.
- Invoicing: Invoice2go offers several highly customizable invoicing templates. The software includes hundreds of logos to choose from, or you can upload your own. You can invoice items and expenses and add photos to invoices if desired. You can also add comments and payment details, and send invoice payment reminders to your customers. The Standard, Advanced, and Unlimited plans all come with invoice tracking, and the Unlimited plan also supports recurring invoices. You can now send invoices via SMS as well using apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
- Estimates: Invoice2go allows you to create estimates, and it’s easy to convert estimates to invoices. Customers can now easily approve, comment on, or pay upfront for estimates.
- Client Portal: Invoice2go provides a basic client portal where customers can view and pay their invoices and estimates.
- Contact Management: You can add contacts and save basic information such as a contact name, email, billing address, phone, etc. You can also assign default payment terms to each contact.
- Expense Tracking: Unlike most other invoicing software providers, Invoice2go does not provide live bank feeds that automatically connect your invoicing software to your bank. You can enter expenses manually and assign expenses to invoices. You can attach images (like receipts) to expenses as well.
- Items: You can add items and save a description, rate, cost, unit type, and default tax settings for each item. There is no way to import items, and there are no full-fledged inventory capabilities.
- Time Tracking: You can now track time in Invoice2go using the built-in timer. You can bill time directly to clients and adjust time entries as needed.
- Purchase Orders: You can create and manage purchase orders in Invoice2g0.
- Credit Memos: You can also create credit memos.
- Appointments: You can create and manage appointments. Available only on Advanced and Unlimited plans.
- Reports: Invoice2go offers 10+ reports to help you understand your business’s success and sales patterns. That includes tax year sales, annual sales per client, and more. You can also now receive automatic monthly emails with a business health check report.
- Default Email Messages: You can set default email messages in Invoice2go. That can be a big time-saver.
- Sales Tax: You can add up to 10 sales tax rates in Invoice2go.
- Multi Currencies Support: Invoice2go supports over 150 different currencies.
- Importing & Exporting: Invoice2go has significantly dropped its importing options since the last time we tested the software. You cannot import any information, though you can export invoices, estimates, purchase orders, expenses, items, and clients. This data will be sent to your email in a zip file.
- Instant Website: If you enable this feature, the Invoice2go software can create a basic profile page for you, using your company information including your logo, business name, company summary, address, and contact information.
Customer Service & Support
The Invoice2go customer service staff is friendly and helpful, and the company has recently made it much easier to find the available support options. The live chat option is available 24/7 for quick responses, and the emails I sent received responses relatively quickly and effectively, with one response taking only half an hour. Invoice2go has various customer service options, including these:
- Phone: Phone support is only for users on the Unlimited plan.
- Email: You can contact Invoice2go via email.
- Support Ticket: You can also fill out a support ticket online.
- Live Chat: There is a live chat option available within the actual software, though it’s a bit difficult to find.
- Support Center: The Invoice2go support center features many videos and articles explaining how functions work and troubleshooting common problems. There is also an FAQ section.
- YouTube: Invoice2go has a YouTube channel featuring how-to videos and customer stories. Happily, they’ve updated these videos since our last review.
- Blog: Invoice2go keeps a blog with insightful articles and news on upcoming releases. They also feature valuable advice articles for small businesses.
- Social Media: Invoice2go maintains Facebook and Twitter accounts. Invoice2go is very good about responding to social media comments (especially those on iTunes and the GooglePlay Store). Inoice2go also recently launched Advice2go Facebook groups where you can interact with fellow Invoice2go users to network, get help, or just connect and be inspired.
It wouldn’t be a complete Invoice2go review without a look at what actual users are saying about their experiences with the software. The company has invested in some upgrades and improvements since our last review of the product. Has that had an impact?
Negative Reviews & Complaints
During the initial redesign launch, Invoice2go received a lot of complaints. However, the company addressed the issues with regular updates, and now the software receives far more praise than complaints. That being said, users still raise a few issues:
- Buggy: A number of users raise recent complaints that the recently introduced two-factor authentication does not work well. Others say that invoices regularly disappear
- Too Expensive: Several users find the software is overpriced for the number of features you get, while the limits tied to plan levels make the software impractical to use.
- Limited Integrations: Many users want more integrations, especially those who already operate their business with certain integrations and can no longer use them after switching to Invoice2go. Some users especially dislike the limited payment options.
- Poor Customer Service: There were a few complaints about customer service. Users said the company was slow to respond to emails, and a few were never responded to at all.
Positive Reviews & Testimonials
Despite the negative reviews and the spike in complaints after the Invoice2go redesign, many loyal, satisfied customers still use Invoice2go. The software has received 4.5/5 stars on the Google Play Store (based on 22,000+ ratings), 4.5/5stars in the App Store (based on almost 18,000 ratings), and 4.5/5 stars on G2 Crowd (based on 83 ratings). Here are some of the things users like:
- Good Customer Service: Many users report positive customer service with quick response times and helpful employees.
- Strong Mobility: The most common customer praise revolves around the mobile apps. Users love that they can invoice on the go and that all their devices sync together.
- Quick & Easy To Use: Users say the software is quick to learn and easy to use, which saves them time and stress.
- Professional Invoices: Quite a few users praise the professional style and customizability of the invoices.
Integrations & Add-Ons
Invoice2go offers very limited integrations and does not support live bank feeds, a feature that nearly every other invoicing software provides. Currently, there are only six integrations available, including Square, PayPal, Stripe, Kabbage, Best Egg, and Xero.
Notably, Invoice2go’s relatively new partnership with PayPal Here gives users a way to accept customer payments directly from their phone without an invoice. Another recent addition is a partnership with Square Capital that can provide small business owners access to lending.
Invoice2go is not very forthright about its security measures, but I was able to find out that Invoice2go uses 256-bit SSL encryption, authentication and tokenization for logins, and PCI and DSS compliant servers. They also have a privacy statement with further security details, although it hasn’t been updated in almost a year and a half.
Final Verdict Of Invoice2go
As this Invoice2go review shows, this software gets a lot of things right. It’s incredibly easy to use and the mobile offerings are impressive. The recent 2020 design facelift delivered major improvements to its already solid performance. This app comes with impressive invoice customization capability, great invoice templates, and good customer support. In addition, the company regularly delivers new features like time tracking, appointments, and a PayPal Here integration.
However, the software has some serious drawbacks. There are no live bank feeds, which almost every invoicing software offers, and recurring invoices are available only with the most expensive plan. Some of the other typical invoicing software features, like project management, are missing and the company has seriously downgraded by eliminating unlimited invoices for the Standard and Advanced plans and by trying to force users to provide credit card information to access the free trial. There are also very few integrations. Considering these limitations, Invoice2go can be pretty spendy compared to other, more developed invoicing solutions, especially at the price.
If you’re still interested in Invoice2go, be sure to test out their free 14-day trial before committing to the annual price plan. For other invoicing alternatives, check out our top-rated invoicing solutions and compare them to Invoice2go before you choose the best software for your needs. And if you’re still not seeing why your business needs invoicing software, learn what it can do for you. That’s a critical first step in choosing the best software to meet your needs.
We've done in-depth research on each and confidently recommend them.
We've done in-depth research on each and confidently recommend them.