VizyPay Review: Do Cash Discounts & Hybrid Credit Card Processing Really Work?
This merchant account provider also offers processing, POS, virtual terminals, and working capital loans. Find out if VizyPay has the right features for your small business.
|Total Rating||4.5 |
|Products & Services||Good|
|Fees & Rates||Excellent|
|Sales & Advertising Transparency||Excellent|
|Contract Length & Early Termination Fee||Excellent|
|Show More Ratings|
|Show Fewer Ratings|
VizyPay At A Glance
- VizyPay offers full merchant accounts and third-party point of sale systems
- Provides credit and debit card processing
- Offers transparent interchange-plus pricing, which we appreciate
- Transparent pricing
- Month-to-month billing
- No setup fees
- Excellent customer support
- Very few public complaints
- Accepts US-based merchants only
- Not suitable for high-risk businesses
Table of Contents
- What Is VizyPay?
- Products & Services
- VizyPay Fees & Rates
- Sales & Advertising Transparency
- Contract Length & Early Termination Fee
- Customer Service & Technical Support
- VizyPay User Reviews
- Final Verdict
What Is VizyPay?
VizyPay is a merchant account provider that offers credit/debit card processing, point of sale systems, a virtual terminal, and working capital loans. The company provides its services on a month-to-month basis with no long-term contracts and has an excellent public reputation — an ideal combination for a merchant services provider and one which we don’t see often enough.
VizyPay distinguishes itself from the competition with its alternative pricing models. Along with a traditional pricing model featuring interchange-plus pricing, it offers a cash discounting program. Cash discounting works by adding a charge to the price of your goods prior to purchase while giving cash-paying customers a discount. VizyPay also offers a hybrid program that partially covers payment processing costs by “discounting” cash and debit card purchases, but not credit card purchases.
Read on for our full VizyPay review.
Products & Services
VizyPay is a credit card processor and merchant account provider — technically, it is a reseller of First Data/Fiserv merchant accounts — but the company’s full range of merchant services extends well beyond payment processing. Here’s what VizyPay can do for your business.
VizyPay Credit & Debit Card Processing
Payment processing forms the core of VizyPay’s merchant services. VizyPay’s processing is offered under three different pricing schemes. Let’s go through how each of these pricing systems works.
|% Of Processing Fees Paid By Customers||Up to 100%||40% to 60%||0%|
|Monthly Fee||$25, $50, or $100 (depending on your processing volume)||$25||$15 ($0 for small/low-volume merchants)|
|Customers Cover The Processing Fee For||Credit and debit transactions||Credit transactions only||Merchants cover all credit & debit processing fees|
VizyPay also offers a Mini Merchant program for small merchants (those who process fewer than 100 transactions/month and less than $5,000/month) on the traditional interchange-plus pricing plan. This program eliminates the $15 monthly fee.
VizyPay offers a range of Clover POS systems, but if you’re just looking for terminal options, VizyPay also offers the Pax family of devices (the S80, A80, and A920) as well as the Dejavoo Z8 countertop machine.
Point Of Sale Software & Mobile Apps
VizyPay offers four POS systems: OVVI, SwipeSimple, Clover, and BLogic.
- OVVI: The OVVI POS system includes a touchscreen display, cash drawer, thermal printer, and PIN pad. Offering real-time reporting, inventory, timesheets, and more, this restaurant-oriented POS also integrates with a number of accounting and payroll apps.
- SwipeSimple: If you just want an mPOS device and iOS/Android mobile app that can take swiped, dipped, and tapped transactions, SwipeSimple’s card reader and app give you this and more. SMS/email receipts, an item catalog, inventory management, and in-app reporting are available here. Read our full SwipeSimple review for more info.
- Clover: The five Clover POS systems offered through VizyPay make it easy for businesses to implement the Cash Discount Program and provide a plethora of other advanced features. The Clover POS systems on offer, from least to most well-featured and costly, are the Clover Go, Clover Mini, Clover Flex, Clover Station Solo, and Clover Station Duo. Read our Clover POS System review for full details on each.
- BLogic: BLogic’s POS system requires only a local connection to run and does not require an internet connection. BLogic offers two different PAX S300-based retail kits, one of which is customized for restaurants. BLogic POS also offers advanced inventory management, employee and labor tracking, and end-of-day reports.
Additional Merchant Tools
- Virtual Terminal: VizyPay’s virtual terminal lets you accept online payments as well as key in transactions received via email or over the phone. It also enables you to take EMV and swiped transactions through your smartphone or tablet with an ID-Tech card reader. You’ll also get complete transaction reporting, recurring billing, and customizable email receipts. You can choose Authorize.Net or USAePay as your payment gateway.
- Working Capital Loans: VizyPay also offers working capital loans to businesses with at least one year of business history, $100,000 in annual revenue, and a FICO score of at least 500. The application is just a single page long, and VizyPay states that businesses can receive funds just one business day after approval.
VizyPay Fees & Rates
VizyPay Cash Discount Program
The Cash Discount Program’s monthly fee structure works like this:
- $25/month for merchants processing less than $5,000/month
- $50/month for merchants processing $5,000 to $10,000/month
- $100/month for merchants processing over $10,000/month
VizyPay has a Cash Discount Savings Calculator on its website. Put in your monthly credit card sales volume, and VizyPay will show you how much you potentially stand to save on a monthly and annual basis. Essentially, the more you process, the more money you stand to save.
Here are the other fees associated with the Cash Discount Program:
VizyPay Traditional Program
Here’s what you’ll be charged under VizyPay’s traditional pricing scheme:
- Monthly Cost: $15/month
- Swiped/Dipped/Tapped Rate: Interchange + 0.35% + $0.10 per transaction
- Keyed-In/Virtual Rate: Interchange + 0.45% + $0.15 per transaction
- Gateway Cost: $10-$15/month + $0.05 per transaction
You’ll also incur the following costs:
VizyPay Hybrid Program
Here are the primary charges attached to VizyPay’s Hybrid Program:
- Monthly Cost: $25/month
- Swiped/Dipped/Tapped Rate (Credit Cards): Paid by customer
- Swiped/Dipped/Tapped Rate (Debit Cards): 1% + $0.25 per transaction
- Mid- & Non-Qualified Debit Card Rates (Including Virtual Rates): 2.5% and 3.5% per transaction
- Gateway Cost: $10-$15/month + $0.05 per transaction
And here are the additional fees:
If you opt to use Clover POS, the amount you’ll be paying for software and equipment depends on the device(s) you choose:
- Clover Go: Get one Clover Go device and docking station for free and pay $10/month/device
- Clover Mini: Starts at $975 and $24.90/month/device
- Clover Flex: Starts at $695 and $24.90/month/device
- Clover Station Solo: Starts at $1,850 and $64.90/month/station
- Clover Station Duo: Starts at $2,125 and $64.90/month/station
Here’s what VizyPay’s other product offerings will cost you:
- SwipeSimple: The SwipeSimple card reader and app cost $135, and there’s a $10 monthly fee.
- OVVI: The OVVI POS bundle costs $1,650 and is $49/month/unit.
- BLogic: The BLogic POS software package costs $30/month/device, the retail hardware package costs $2,629/device, and the restaurant hardware package costs $2,879/device.
- Working Capital: VizyPay does not publicly disclose its working capital loan rates and fees.
Sales & Advertising Transparency
VizyPay discloses all costs and fees associated with its various pricing plans and POS options on its website. This transparency is refreshing in an industry still ridden with opacity. Some merchant services providers might post their interchange-plus processing rates, but VizyPay actually names and details each fee it charges. That might not seem terribly revolutionary, but when you consider how many competing merchant account providers still keep this information close to their chest, it’s quite refreshing, and we applaud it.
What’s more, feedback from merchants indicates that VizyPay doesn’t rely on the shady high-pressure sales tactics still employed by many companies in the industry.
VizyPay has an active presence on social media. Its Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest accounts are appropriately active. Its YouTube channel offers help with lots of deep-in-the-weeds merchant tasks (such as applying discounts with a Clover Station or how to do a manual entry on a Dejavoo terminal). You’ll find VizyPay help videos in Spanish, too.
Contract Length & Early Termination Fee
VizyPay proclaims, “We don’t believe in contracts,” on its website. Instead, the company offers month-to-month agreements for its services. As such, there is no early termination fee (ETF) to worry about. If you don’t like the company’s services, you can go another way within a month.
With month-to-month services (such as Square and PayPal) being so popular amongst new merchants, it may not seem remarkable to younger businessfolk and entrepreneurs that VizyPay operates this way. Unfortunately, too many established players in this industry still do things the old-school way: long-term contracts, ETFs, monthly minimums, etc. Some companies do this to recoup costs because they service high-risk businesses; others do this simply because they’ve gotten away with it thus far and see no reason to change.
Merchant Maverick’s original mission upon being launched was to shine a light on the merchant account industry’s ossified ways and promote merchant-friendly processing practices. We’re happy to report that VizyPay offers month-to-month agreements with no fuss.
Customer Service & Technical Support
|Dedicated Support Representative|
|Knowledge Base or Help Center|
|Videos & Tutorials|
VizyPay offers 24/7 customer support via phone and email. Feedback from merchants regarding the company’s customer support is almost universally glowing. Merchants seem genuinely enthusiastic about how the company treats them when a question comes up.
VizyPay’s extensive online knowledgebase is split into sections for Point Of Sale Solutions, Terminal Solutions, and Customer Support. The first two sections deal with questions about the terminals, POS systems, and payment gateways used with VizyPay’s processing services. The Customer Support section offers support for cash discounting questions, PCI compliance, and the like.
VizyPay User Reviews
VizyPay reviews posted by merchants are almost unanimously positive, even raving. VizyPay has only been around since 2017, so there isn’t as much public feedback about VizyPay as there is with some processors, but what’s out there is impressive.
VizyPay currently earns an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Trustpilot, based on 875 reviews. On Facebook, the company gets a full 5 out of 5 stars based on 57 reviews. It’s a similar story on Google Reviews: an average score of 4.5 out of 5 based on 101 reviews. And while the company has two poor reviews (and one good one) posted to its BBB website, the company has no actual complaints posted over the past three years and is accredited with an A+ rating.
Negative VizyPay Reviews & Complaints
Complaints regarding VizyPay are exceedingly hard to come by. I found one report of held funds (check reviews of certain other providers, and you’ll find literally hundreds/thousands of such complaints!). I also found maybe two or three complaints regarding customer service; however, there are hundreds of positive customer service reviews.
In the few instances where a complaint is aired, I’ve seen a response from VizyPay. This indicates that the company takes merchant satisfaction seriously.
Positive VizyPay Reviews & Testimonials
User feedback on VizyPay is overwhelmingly positive. Here’s what merchants love about the company:
- Excellent customer service
- Competitive rates
- No contracts
- Reliable POS equipment
VizyPay offers several well-regarded POS systems, an ordering app, and online payment gateways to go along with its payment processing, and all rates and fees are fully disclosed. Its cash discount program stands to benefit certain types of retail businesses financially. Users have overwhelmingly positive experiences with the company’s services, pricing, and, particularly, its technical support and customer service.
With a few more features on offer — perhaps more eCommerce features — VizyPay would be in the running for a 5-star review. As is, VizyPay earns an exemplary score of 4.5 out of 5. Low-volume merchants may be better served by going with a third-party processor, such as Square or PayPal. For a wide array of retail businesses and restaurants, though, VizyPay is a superb merchant services solution.
Read our article on zero-cost payment processing programs to understand how cash discounting compares to other pricing schemes that let you pass processing costs to your customers. Lastly, if you’d like to consider other merchant account options, check out some of our other recommended merchant account providers.
We've done in-depth research on each and confidently recommend them.
We've done in-depth research on each and confidently recommend them.
Responses are not provided or commissioned by the vendor or bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the vendor or bank advertiser. It is not the vendor or bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Great article. Read every word. Currently considering VizyPay against swipe4free & square. Seemed like a solid option after speaking with the rep, and after reading this article, I feel even more confident. Thanks so much!
This comment refers to an earlier version of this review and may be outdated.