Loyverse POS Review
This easy-to-use and free POS system is well suited for small businesses on a tight budget looking for a system with great features and integrations.
Loyverse At A Glance
- Free software with no contract
- Built-in loyalty
- Advanced inventory and integrations available as add-ons
- Strong customer service
- Simple to learn
- Excellent built-in loyalty
- No integrations
- Limited functionality
Table of Contents
Loyverse Is Best For…
- Businesses looking for a free point of sale system with built-in loyalty, employee management, and inventory management
- Restaurants looking for affordable POS software with a built-in KDS integration, cash management, and pre-defined tickets
- Smaller retail or restaurant establishments that may scale up and want access to add-ons like advanced inventory and access to other integrations
What Is Loyverse?
Loyverse is a completely free point of sale system with a surprising amount of features, including an excellent loyalty program and add-ons for employee management, advanced inventory, and integrations.
The Loyverse pricing structure is simple: The basic features can be downloaded and implemented entirely free of charge. These free products include Loyverse POS, Loyverse Dashboard, Loyverse KDS, and Loyverse CDS.
Extra Loyverse Costs & Fees
|Loyverse Extra Costs||Price|
|Employee Management||$25/month per store|
|Advanced Inventory||$25/month per store|
Loyverse also now offers add-ons for purchase. These add-ons are entirely optional and are available under a subscription model.
- $25 per month
- Two months free with an annual subscription
- Advanced features
- Add employees
- Restrict access rights
- Clock-in and clock-out
- Sales reports by employee
- Download reports with CSV files
- Identify cash discrepancies
- $25 per store per month
- Two months free with an annual subscription
- Special offer available for more than three stores
- Advanced inventory features
- Add suppliers
- Purchase orders
- Transfer orders
- Stock adjustments
- Inventory valuation report
- Inventory history
All add-ons also come with 24/7 premium support via online chat.
|Delivery Management||With integration|
Loyverse POS provides you with the features you need to keep a record of transactions and maintain contact with your customers. I’m calling Loyverse “a step up from pen and paper,” but I don’t mean that negatively. While the free app isn’t quite as generous as Square, for example, its affordable add-ons make it one of our picks for best POS systems.
Here are some of the highlights of what Loyverse has to offer:
- Printed Or Electronic Receipts: Attach a receipt printer or send receipts via email.
- Return Management: Easily process customers’ returns and refunds.
- Cash Management: Make sure that the amount in your till lines up with your sales.
- Discounts: Set discounts to apply to either one product or the full order.
- Open Tickets: Create and save orders. Edit and finish those orders later.
- Item Modifiers: List product add-ons as item modifiers, including any additional costs.
- Work Offline: Store information while your connection is down. Information syncs to your server when the internet is back.
- Multiple Locations: Manage multiple store locations from one account.
- Bulk Import/Export: Use CSV files (such as Excel spreadsheets) to upload and download product information for faster bulk editing.
- Track Inventory: Monitor your inventory based on products and product components (such as ingredients). Receive low-stock notifications.
- Purchase Orders: Plan purchases and export records while also tracking stock receipts.
- Low Stock Notifications: Get daily notifications on when inventory is running low to help with ordering.
- Transfer Orders: Seamlessly move and track stock across multiple stores.
- Inventory Valuation: See analytics on how various items are performing, plus their potential profitability.
- Stock Adjustments: Manually change your stock levels based on things such as loss or damages.
- Sales By Employee: Keep track of employee performance.
- Workload Per Hour: Find out what times your business is at its busiest, so you can minimize being overstaffed or understaffed.
- Access Rights: Grant different permissions to different employees to guarantee your information’s security.
- Time Clock: Let employees punch in and out to calculate total hours automatically.
- Reports: View reports of sales trends, popular items, and tax reports. Export those reports via CSV files.
- Receipts History: You can view all of your receipts to monitor individual transactions.
- Shifts: Track employees’ transactions to find any inaccuracies that may have resulted in an unbalanced till.
- Tax Reports: Automatically calculate the cost of various taxes.
- Sales Trends: Track the performance of an item or items over days, weeks, or months.
- Customers Database: Keep a record of your customers’ information, such as email addresses and preferences.
- Points Reward Program: Keep customers coming back with points that translate into discounts.
- Feedback: Email customers to ask for their feedback. Track that input in the back office.
- Message Marketing: Send messages to your customers (as long as those customers have downloaded your rewards app).
- Notes: Write specific notes for future use about individual customers.
- Create Predefined Tickets: While Loyverse does not include table management features, you use predefined tickets to handle table management in a more general way. Set a list of tables in your Loyverse admin to apply tickets to each table.
- Print Bills Or Pre-Receipts: Print bills for your customers before the bill is charged (great for sit-down restaurants).
- Dining Options: New features for iOS let you specify if customers are dining in, taking out, or requesting delivery.
- Print Kitchen Orders: Send new orders to your kitchen printer.
- Display Kitchen Orders: Use the Loyverse KDS (Kitchen Display System) app to display new orders digitally on a screen in your kitchen.
- Barcode Support: Use the camera in your business’s tablet or smartphone to scan barcodes (currently available for iOS only). If you subscribe to the Advanced Inventory Management plan, you can also create new barcodes and print them with a label printer.
- Product Variants: Add multiple product options, such as size, color, and materials.
- Customer Display System App: This app allows you to display orders on a separate tablet to your customers. Allow customers to view pricing information and reward points as you ring them up. This app works online and lets customers enter their email addresses to receive an e-receipt.
Loyverse Integrations & Add-Ons
Loyverse now has the option for customers to subscribe to its integrations for $9 a month, and it includes a decent array of choices in a number of categories. It also has an open API, allowing developers to make apps that sync with Loyverse software, which is always a nice option.
Here is what Loyverse currently offers:
- Sage Accounting
- Kosmos eSync
- SQQUID Multichannel
- Zoho Flow
- Appy Pie Connect
Loyverse is continually working on adding more functionality to its software. The company has significantly bulked up its inventory and its ability to coordinate across multiple locations, which substantially improves the product’s viability. The built-in loyalty is also one of the best I’ve seen included in a free app.
Ease Of Use
Usability is the focus here. Because Loyverse POS is a free app, it’s easy to sign up for an account and start trying out the product.
Adding products, product modifiers, and discounts is all very straightforward; you just point and click. When you log into your app on your tablet or smartphone, you’ll see all your information already loaded and ready to go. It looks something like this:
You can add products to a customer’s order by simply dragging items over to the right side of the screen. Use the same process to apply discounts. Features for iOS let you organize and rearrange the products on your screen so that you can simplify your ordering process.
Loyverse POS also lets you print receipts or send them via email. You can email customers to request a customer satisfaction review. One of the best parts of Loyverse is its loyalty program. When customers download your loyalty app, they can receive points based on their purchases. These points translate into discounts on future services.
All in all, Loyverse is an incredibly simple POS application. You and your team should get the hang of it in no time at all.
Customer Service & Support
|Dedicated Support Representative|
|Knowledge Base or Help Center|
|Videos & Tutorials|
Loyverse’s customer support is generally well-praised. Many companies claiming to offer live chat often leave you waiting or have you submit an email with questions. Loyverse connects with you quickly, and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful.
Here are the support tools available to Loyverse’s clients:
- Help Center: Dig through this knowledgebase for “How To” guides and general information about the application.
- Videos: These short tutorial videos show you the basics of using Loyverse POS.
- Community Forum: Get help from other Loyverse users.
- Email: You can email the support team directly.
- Live Chat: You can access live chat in your back office.
It would be wonderful to be able to call in with questions, especially in an emergency, but that option is not yet available. However, as long as Loyverse keeps providing such high-quality live chat support, I won’t complain too much.
Payment Processing With Loyverse
Loyverse now connects to a few credit card processors. US merchants can choose between Worldpay, SumUp, and CardConnect. European merchants can connect with SumUp or iZettle. In Australia, you can choose between Smartpay and Tyro, while in Japan, you have the option of Coiney, PAYGATE, Softbank, or CPayPro.
That should give you some competitive options for cheap credit card processing, and you’ll want to compare rates on your own, depending on how much you plan on selling.
Contract Length & Early Termination Fees
You can sign up for Loyverse for free, and there are no long-term obligations. If you want to use one of the add-on services, there is no obligation or termination fee, but you do receive a discount if you sign on for a full year.
It appears that Loyverse is precisely the solution many merchants were looking for. I noticed that many reviewers who had complaints still often rated Loyverse quite well, which speaks volumes. On Trustpilot, Loyverse has a 4.9 rating with 86 reviews and it has a 5-star rating on Software Advice with nearly 400 reviews.
Negative Loyverse Reviews & Complaints
Here are some of the complaints that users have:
- Limited Functionality: Some basic features are missing from Loyverse’s free app, which has frustrated a few users.
- Updates Released First On iOS: Android users are unhappy that new features are released first for Apple products. Android users have to wait to access those features.
- Cannot Track Inventory By Volume: You can only track inventory by item and weight, not by volume. Some merchants who sell drinks by the glass would like to see this feature added.
- Lack Of Features: A few reviewers were disappointed with things that weren’t included with Loyverse (such as online ordering) or were upset that they had to purchase the add-ons for other features.
Positive Loyverse Reviews & Testimonials
Online Loyverse POS reviews are overwhelmingly positive. Keep in mind that most of these reviews come from businesses of one to ten employees, and most of the users appear to be primarily interested in the free version.
Here’s what they love about the software:
- Free: Free is the best price. Loyverse doesn’t have any additional expenses attached to it. You won’t need to pay a fee for customer service or to maintain your software. It’s just free.
- Easy To Use: Clients love how easy it is to learn Loyverse. It’s also easy to teach to less tech-savvy workers.
- Customer Support: Loyverse’s customer support is friendly, multilingual, and quick to respond. Every review I read only had positive things to say about the customer support team.
- Loyalty Program: Users love that Loyverse includes its own loyalty program.
How Loyverse Compares To Other POS Systems
Trying to decide how Loyverse stacks up against the competition? Here are the main differences between Loyverse and other common POS software systems.
Loyverse VS Square
Square is perhaps the most well-known free POS app in the US and for good reason. It’s incredibly easy to use and has a generous array of features for free on its standard app and with Square for Restaurants and Square for Retail. If you’re looking for a versatile POS app and not looking to spend any money, they’re definitely worth a look as their built-in payment processing also makes things simple.
However, if you’re a small operation like a coffee shop or salon that is looking for basic features and a solid, free loyalty program, Loyverse may be the best bet as Square has its loyalty program as an add-on. Also, if you already have a payment processor or prefer one over Square, Loyverse gives you some flexibility in that department as well.
Loyverse VS Toast
Toast is restaurant-specific software that is known for its mobile ordering and delivery options. Toast has a free option but, to access all of its best features, you’ll have to subscribe to one of its paid plans. For anything more than a basic, quick-service restaurant, Toast is a much more robust product and its hardware options really set it apart.
Toast does have some negatives though as you may find yourself locked in a long-term contract with hefty termination fees. Loyverse allows you to use its services month-to-month and it has payment processing flexibility. If you just need a basic card or chip reader for your establishment and don’t have use for menu or table management, Loyverse may be the best option.
Final Verdict Of Loyverse
|Loyverse Review Summary|
|Choose If You Need||
Loyverse POS is an excellent solution for small businesses with limited cash upfront or customers just dipping their feet into the world of free POS systems. The software provides resources to keep track of transactions, analyze that data, and interact with customers. Some merchants may find that’s all they need! If you’re in that boat, go ahead and download the software. It’s totally free (no strings attached), and you can test it for yourself to make sure it’s what you’re looking for.
However, many merchants will find that Loyverse’s features are not extensive enough to suit their current business model. If that’s the case, you can look into Loyverse’s add-ons or browse similar systems for small businesses.
Regardless, you’re not likely to find many other POS systems that can do what Loyverse does for absolutely no money down.
We've done in-depth research on each and confidently recommend them.
We've done in-depth research on each and confidently recommend them.